Boron nitride is a crystal made up of nitrogen atoms as well as boron atoms. The crystal structure is divided into hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), carefully stuffed hexagonal boron nitride (WBN) as well as cubic boron nitride.
The crystal framework of hexagonal boron nitride has a similar graphite split structure, showing a loosened, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light as well as other residential or commercial properties of white powder, so it is additionally called "white graphite". Theoretical thickness 2.27 g/cm3, details gravity: 2.43, Mohr firmness = 2.
Hexagonal boron nitride has excellent electric insulation, thermal conductivity, chemical security, no evident melting point, 3000 ℃ in 0.1 MPA nitrogen, heat resistance to 2000 ℃ in neutral reduction atmosphere, 2800 ℃ in nitrogen as well as argon, inadequate stability in oxygen environment, and temperature level below 1000 ℃. The expansion coefficient of hexagonal boron nitride is equivalent to that of quartz, yet its thermal conductivity is 10 times that of quartz.
Hexagonal boron nitride does not liquify chilly water. When the water is steamed, it hydrolyses very slowly and creates a percentage of boric acid and also ammonia, which does not react with weak acid and strong base at room temperature level. It is a little soluble in warm acid as well as can only be decayed with liquified sodium hydroxide and also potassium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Characteristics
1. High warmth resistance: sublimation at 3000 ℃, its toughness at 1800 ℃ is two times that at space temperature, air-cooled at 1500 ℃ to room temperature level for loads of times, as well as does not soften at 2800 ℃ in inert gas.
2. High thermal conductivity: the hot-pressed products are the same as pure iron, as well as 33W/M. K has the greatest thermal conductivity amongst ceramic materials above 530C.
3, low thermal expansion coefficient: the growth coefficient of 2 × & times; 10-6 is 2nd only to quartz glass, which is the smallest in porcelains, coupled with its high thermal conductivity, so the thermal shock resistance is excellent.
4. Excellent electrical buildings: excellent insulation at heat, 1014 Ω& Omega;- centimeters,2000 at 25 ℃ and also 103 Ω& Omega;- cm at 25 ℃. It is the very best high temperature shielding product in ceramics, with break down voltage 3KV/MV, reduced dielectric loss 108HZ 2.5 × & times; 10-4, dielectric constant 4, clear to microwave and also infrared.
5. Excellent rust resistance: it does not respond with basic metals (iron, copper, light weight aluminum, lead, and so on), rare earth steels, precious metals, semiconductor materials (germanium, silicon, potassium arsenide), glass, liquified salts (crystal, fluoride, slag), inorganic acid and also alkali.
6. Low friction coefficient: U is 0.16, does not increase at heat, is more resistant to heat than molybdenum disulfide and also graphite, oxidation atmosphere can be used up to 900C, vacuum cleaner can be made use of at 2000 ℃.
7. High purity great B is high: its contamination material is less than 10PPM, but B content is more than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: its hardness is Morse 2, so it can be processed into parts with high precision by basic machining approaches.
What is hexagonal boron nitride used in?
Hexagonal boron nitride can be made use of in the manufacture of TiB2/BN composite porcelains, progressed refractories and also superhard materials, splitting up rings of straight constant rolling steel, heat immune lubricating substances and also high temperature layers, as well as raw materials for the synthesis of cubic boron nitride.
1. Boron nitride is a mold and mildew release agent for steel creating and also a lube for steel cable drawing.
2. Unique electrolysis and also resistance products of boron nitride at high temperature.
3. Boron nitride is suitable for high temperature strong lubricants, extrusion antiwear additives, ceramic composite additives, refractories and also antioxidant additives, particularly for molten metal Faustian events, warmth enhancement ingredients and high temperature resistant insulation products.
4. Boron nitride appropriates for heat-sealed desiccant of transistor and additive of polymer such as plastic resin.
5. Boron nitride products pushed into numerous shapes can be utilized as high temperature, high pressure, insulation and heat dissipation components.
6. Boron nitride is a thermal shielding material in aerospace.
7. With the engagement of stimulant, cubic boron nitride can be changed right into cubic boron nitride as hard as ruby by high temperature and also high pressure therapy.
8. Boron nitride is the structural product of atomic reactor.
9. Boron nitride is suitable for the nozzles of airplane as well as rocket engines.
10. Boron nitride is an insulator of high voltage, high frequency electricity as well as plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride is a packaging product to avoid neutron radiation.
12. The superhard material made from boron nitride can be made right into high-speed cutting devices and drills for geological exploration and also oil drilling.
13. Boron nitride is used in metallurgy for separation ring of continuous spreading steel, circulation groove of amorphous iron, demoulding representative of continuous casting light weight aluminum (various optical glass stripping representatives).
14. Boron nitride is an evaporator for all sort of capacitor film plating, photo tube plating, present plating.
15. Boron nitride is suitable for all sort of fresh-keeping aluminized bags and so forth.
16. Boron nitride is a variety of laser anti-counterfeiting light weight aluminum plating, hallmark gilding products, all type of cigarette tags, beer labels, packaging boxes, cigarette boxes.
17. Boron nitride is suitable for cosmetics. Can be used for lipstick fillers, safe and also lubricating, however additionally shiny.
Boron Nitride Rate
The price is affected by lots of elements including the supply as well as need out there, sector fads, economic task, market sentiment, and unforeseen occasions.
If you are looking for the most recent Boron Nitride powder price, you can send us your inquiry for a quote. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boron Nitride Provider
Innovation Co. Ltd. is a trusted BN manufacturer and also BN supplier with over 12-year-experience. We deliver our goods throughout the globe.
If you are trying to find high-grade Boron Nitride powder, please do not hesitate to contact us and send a questions. (email@example.com)