Why is zinc stearate used in cosmetics?
The World Platinum Investment Association (WPIC) said recently that carmakers are accelerating reductions in palladium use and increased use of platinum due to concerns about Russian palladium supplies. However, it still expects a significant surplus in the platinum market this year.
Palladium is used by carmakers in tailpipe emissions systems to reduce carbon emissions. While carmakers prefer palladium for catalytic converters, they are turning to platinum, which is cheaper than palladium, to save costs.
Russia accounts for about 25-30% of the world's palladium supply and 8-10% of its platinum supply.
There is no sign that western sanctions against Russia have restricted palladium exports since the conflict escalated in February, but as the conflict continues, more companies could boycott The Russian metal and governments could impose restrictions.
Platinum is currently trading at about $950 an ounce, about half the price of palladium. Automakers use about 2.5 million to 3 million ounces of platinum and about 8.5 million ounces of palladium each year.
For the year as a whole, platinum supply will be 5 percent lower than in 2021 and demand 2 percent higher, with the automotive sector seeing a 16 percent increase due to increased light vehicle Zinc Stearate Emulsion,Overview of Zinc Stearate Emulsion,Application of Zinc Stearate Emulsion,Zinc stearate emulsion price,Zinc Stearate Emulsion Supplier are still very uncertain.
Overview of Zinc Stearate Emulsion
The aqueous emulsion of zinc stearate is called zinc stearate emulsion.
Zinc stearate is an organic compound with the chemical formula C36H70O4Zn. White powder, insoluble in water, soluble in hot ethanol, benzene, toluene, turpentine and other organic solvents; acid decomposes into stearic acid and corresponding salts; fire danger under dry conditions, auto-ignition point 900 ℃; hygroscopic.
Mainly used as lubricant and release agent for styrene resin, phenolic resin and amine resin. At the same time, it also has the function of vulcanizing agent and softening agent in rubber. Zinc stearate can be used as heat stabilizer; lubricant; grease; accelerator; thickener, etc.
For example, it can be used as a heat stabilizer for PVC resins. It is used for general industrial transparent products; calcium soap can be used to make non-toxic products. Generally speaking, this product is used to make soft products, but in recent years, hard and transparent products such as mineral water bottles and water pipes have been used. This product is very Good lubricity, can improve scale precipitation, and can also be used as lubricant, mold release agent, paint smoothing agent, and coating additive.
Zinc stearate is probably the most commonly used binder in color cosmetic products such as loose powder or eye shadow. It provides very good adhesion, which means it helps the powder stick together in the pan and stick to the skin when applied.
Application of Zinc Stearate Emulsion
1. Mainly suitable for water-soluble alkyd, water-soluble polyurethane, water-soluble acrylic acid, acrylic emulsion and other systems. It is an excellent transparent putty filler, easy to grind and anti-sedimentation.
2. Water-based paint: used for high-quality water-based paint, with good transparency, fast defoaming, good stability, good anti-settling, fast drying, easy dispersion, easy wear, improve the surface hydrophobicity of the paint, and improve the feel of the paint film.
3. Water-based ink: economical, with good filling, stability, anti-settling, waterproof, can be used as a matting agent.
4. Textile products: It can be used as a glazing agent to improve the surface hydrophobicity.
5. Cosmetics: It can be used as a lubricant to improve the smoothness of the surface.
6. Paper industry: It can be used as a waterproof and anti-sticking agent, and it can be used as a waterproof coating on the surface of specific paper, thermal paper coated paper, self-adhesive paper, etc., with good lubrication and stability.
7. Grinding sandpaper: It can be used as a grinding aid to improve the wear resistance and water resistance of the grinding surface.
Zinc stearate emulsion price
The price of zinc stearate emulsion will change randomly with factors such as production cost, transportation cost, international situation, exchange rate and supply and demand of zinc stearate emulsion. Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. aims to help industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full range of customized services. If you are looking for Zinc Stearate Emulsion, please feel free to send an inquiry for the latest price of Zinc Stearate Emulsion.
Zinc Stearate Emulsion Supplier
As a global supplier of aqueous zinc stearate emulsions, Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. has extensive experience in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced engineering materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides, single metals, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
Zinc Stearate Emulsion Properties
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
Zinc Stearate Emulsion Health & Safety Information
Due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict and the covid-19 pandemic, how will the international situation develop is highly uncertain. It is too difficult to assess its economic impact properly. However, we could see energy prices and commodity prices keep rising and supply chains are disrupted. Therefore, Zinc Stearate Emulsion,Overview of Zinc Stearate Emulsion,Application of Zinc Stearate Emulsion,Zinc stearate emulsion price,Zinc Stearate Emulsion Supplier prices are expected to rise in the future.